Teal Media is seeking an Art Director for a full-time, fully remote position.
In this role, you will direct a small team dedicated to creative support for high-profile social impact clients tackling big challenges in health, education, climate, and social justice. You will work closely with our Director of Creative Services to raise awareness, build audiences, and increase engagement in some of the most pressing social justice issues of our time. You will set the creative vision for major creative deliverables—such as social media campaigns, microsites, brands, key reports, and videos—and oversee the work of a talented creative services design team to ensure that it meets our high quality standards, pushes us forward creatively, and fulfills the project goals.
Ideal applicants are confident leaders with experience directing a team, a strong design aesthetic with an eye for brand consistency, unflinching attention to detail, and a willingness to roll up sleeves and help our team and our clients succeed.
- Ideal Location: Remote (US residents only)
- Salary Range: $85K-$100K (pending location & experience)
- Benefits: Health insurance, employer matching 401K plan, continuing education/annual conference stipend, professional development coaching, flexible hours and location (digital nomads welcome!)
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that there is a unified understanding of project vision, goals, requirements, and expectations for the strategy between Art Directors and Designers at the onset of a project
- Oversee work produced by senior, mid, and junior designers for assigned projects. Ensure designs accomplish project goals and requirements and meet Teal quality standards. Provides hands-on support as needed (being mindful to teach rather than take over)
- Collaborate with project designers to prepare and produce deliverables for client presentations
- Establish an open, honest environment for formal and informal design critique sessions. Encourage team participation. Provide constructive feedback
- Review documentation and specifications produced by designers to ensure thoroughness and accuracy
- Mentor and support designers in their technical, conceptual, and time-management skills
- Challenge designers to strive for excellence, sharpen skills, and exceed expectations
- Balance quality with budget and timeline limitations
- Some hands-on design work required, but most of your time will be spent on directing, vision-setting, and reviewing deliverables.
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 7+ years of design experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Expert-level knowledge of design and business software (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Microsoft Products, Google Apps, etc.)
- Expert-level skills in branding and visual design
- General best-practice skills in website user experience
- Strong ability to create and lead client meetings and creative presentations (strong presentation skills)
- Understanding of animation / motion graphics / video development process in order to guide an expert Designer to achieve project goals
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Highly skilled with leading and inspiring a team of creative talent
- Brings passion, positivity, energy, and enthusiasm to the team